The Society is run by a Board of directors which comprises executive and non-executive directors. The offices of Chairman and Chief Executive are distinct and held by different individuals. The Chairman is principally responsible for leading the Board and is not involved in the day to day management of the Society. The chief executive’s responsibilities are focused on running the Society and implementing strategy.
The Board has designated certain matters that are reserved for consideration of the full Board. Those matters are set out below. Other decisions are delegated by the Board to the Chief Executive and his executive team or to designated Board committees.
The Board operates through a series of meetings of the full Board as often as necessary for the proper conduct of business, normally at monthly intervals, and its main committees.
- Matters Reserved For the Board (155KB)
- Audit Committee Terms of Reference (145KB)
- Board Risk Committee Terms of Reference (85KB)
- Nominations Committee (94KB)
- Remuneration Committee Terms of Reference (121KB)
- Internal Audit Charter and Terms of Reference (111KB)
- Models & Ratings System Committee – Terms of Reference (327KB)
The above documents are in PDF format and can be viewed in Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your machine you can download it for free at www.adobe.com.